Day 12 (5): Day Off

I know that things happened today, but I'm not entirely sure what all they were, so I'm gonna start typing and we'll learn together.

Today for breakfast we ate all our leftovers and small bits of the food we had left from our first grocery run. Then we worshiped together in the park (a nice lady complimented us on our singing, but didn't join us.....yet). 

We walked to the grocery store and got supplies for the next week. We are able to strategize a little better because now we know better how a week can look. Though, we'll probably master the art of living in our Airbnb right around the time we leave. That's how life usually goes; you master a season right around the time it ends. That might seem frustrating, but only if you view the point of life as operating from a place of having control. If you view the point of life as learning and growing and being stretched, then it makes sense that you would start a new lesson once you've learned the current one. 

We walked back with our groceries. Matthew carried most of them (#stronk). We unloaded everything and got it all stowed away and then took an Uber to Heredia. We spent the afternoon mostly on our own. I read some, wrote some, listened to music, and walked around. Oh, did I mention it was raining? It rained most of the time we were there, which was really fun. I have a rain jacket now, which means I'm invincible. It was very restful to get to spend some time not engaging with people. We stayed in Heredia the first two years we came to Costa Rica, so I walked by our old house and hotel.

I did make friends with a drunk guy named Alberto. We talked a little, though I had to introduce myself 6 times. Alberto was very amiable, but it makes me sad to wonder what's led to him being drunk in the park at 2 PM. 

After we all regrouped and left, we went to Lagos and Ana's house to have dinner with them and Diego (who is part of H@ngout). It was really fun, we talked and joked around and told stories. I'm looking forward to connecting more to Diego in the future. 

We watched an episode of The Chosen, and now I am super sleepy and going to bed.


Prayer: Pray for us! Maybe take some time and listen to the Lord and see if he gives you a picture or a word or verse or encouragement for us and share it below. I'll pass it to the team. 

Pictures of me:

This is me taking a picture in front of the house we stayed at the first year

Here's me in front of our hotel from the second year

Comments

  1. Oiiste la pelicula en Espanol? Oramos. (En Ingles) ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, lo estamos mirando en ingles...aunque quiero mirar mas peliculas en espanol cuando regresamos. Necesito practicar.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hola